Thursday 29 January 2009

First Blog

Helloooo!!!

My first blogspot, how momentus :) I'm doing this mainly for my writing career, as writing a little everyday in this thing is surely going to help in one way or another... I hope.

I'm taking a creative writing course at the moment, wrting poetry, very interesting. And much more difficult than expected! I'm lucky the others on the course are so willing to help each other, we'd all be lost without each other!

I have entered one competition since starting on the course on conceptscifi.com, it was a 150 word flash fiction piece... I got shortlisted.. Yay!

Here is my entry;

Shattered Mirror

I have this condition, a disability with unknown insight. I am able to see society’s inner monster. Every time you intentionally cause pain or disrupt the natural flow to life it leaves an indent on your soul, you become changed and in my eyes literally disfigured.

It crushes you to see all the evil alive in the world, but I cried all my tears away a long time ago. I have not shed a tear since my mother died when I was nine years old. On the same day my mother died, my dad returned home barely recognisable. It was from that moment I knew the kind of corrupt world I was living in. He could never look me in the eyes from that day, knowing that I knew the monster he had become. It was from this day that my destiny fell into place. My curse became my gift.

_____

Sadly I didnt win, but the piece that did was amazing, head over to the website to check it out :)

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment